This article will focus on giving you the criteria on what to look for when it comes to good essay topics. I hope that you will get an idea as to what you should be writing about if you decide to make your own exposition shortly.
Criteria for Judging
- First, you have to focus on originality. You have to think about a topic that would be unique in your field. This way, you will be able to capture the interest and attention of the audience members right off the bat.
- In addition to this, it is important that you can make use of additional details when it comes to describing your topic. Being descriptive is one of the most if not the most prominent characteristics of an original narrative. It will give you an opportunity to show off your vocabulary as a writer.
- Furthermore, you should always try to apply context when it comes to choosing the right topic. Consider the period in which the topic has been created. If it correlated with your current lessons in class, it would help to use this particular topic for your exposition.
- Find topics that will be easily recognized. A relatable topic will definitely be a good point of discussion in your essay. It will also be a good way to convince others to discuss and debate the exposition with you. You just have to be persuasive in your words.
- You should choose the topics that would be catchy. It should be able to capture the attention of the reader as soon as he or she lays eyes on it. It will help you maintain the momentum of interest from the reader if you start your exposition with an attractive title.
- If you want, you can use formal writing with literary wordings. This can work if you choose writing an exposition of popular works of literature. However, be careful not to talk too much about your own opinion when it comes to literature reviews. This specific type of expository writing focuses on giving a detailed report and not opinion.
These are just some of the many pointers that you need to remember when looking for the perfect topic that you can use for your own essay. It is important that you can relate to the topic that the choose so that you would be able to explain it with gusto in the long run.